How to Incorporate Sports Areas in Your Yard
Does your family love playing outdoor sports like soccer, baseball, football, and basketball? Whether you just toss the ball around for a little friendly family bonding, or your household athletes really need a place they can integrate into part of their training camp routines, why not make the most of your yard by putting some sporty style into your landscaping?
Here are a few ways you can integrate the sporty side of life into the design of your very own lawn:
- Make a Soccer Field. If your lawn is abundant in acreage, and you have the space, a well-groomed soccer field can be an amazing addition to your landscaping efforts. With the help of professional sod experts, you can choose a great grass that’s built for rough-and-tumble trampling, which will still come out on top when the final goal is scored. Goal nets on both ends and beautiful striped sod between them will create a spectacular soccer field that any athlete would be proud to call his or her home turf.
Related: Check out our sod installation photos from The University of Arizona’s Soccer Field.
- Build a Baseball Field. Ah, yes! America’s pastime! No kid’s childhood is complete if they don’t spend a little time with a ball and bat. You may have little leaguers who do their best just to keep their helmets on during batting practice, or perhaps you’ve got a high school baseball star who’s ready to make a name for himself with a full ride to college. In any case, a backyard play area, complete with a baseball field, offers your friends and family a great way to get out and play.
A backyard baseball field isn’t exactly the same sandlot that generations before explored when they needed a place to toss the ball around. In fact, it’s much better. You’ll still have all four bases, but the beautiful diamond that connects them together will be on your own private property. What a great way to celebrate holidays like Labor Day and the 4th of July when family and friends are all around!
- Set Up a Trampoline. There’s plenty of fun to be had when kids and adults alike spend hours jumping up and down like a happy bag of popcorn. If you’re concerned about safety, opt for an in-ground installation so your jumpers aren’t sailing high into the sky whey go on their gravity-defying adventures. An in-ground trampoline can be the perfect focal point for some surrounding landscaping that will be Pinterest-worthy before you know it!
- Put Up a Basketball Hoop. A basketball hoop is the classic way to embrace outdoor sports without leaving your own yard. These days, you have plenty of options. Mount a backboard over your garage for a space-saving installation. If you’re interested in a free-standing set of hoops, take a second to browse the internet so you can see what’s out there. There are plenty of styles, levels of quality, and price ranges that will fit anyone’s needs.
- Paint a Football Field. When summer begins to sizzle away and fall settles in for the next few months, football fever begins to take over. Paint a football field on your lawn for a day of fun with friends and family. Don’t forget to grab some hotdogs and heat up the grill for a full fall-time festivity!
You don’t have to head to a professional arena to enjoy a good game. You don’t even have to head to the local park. With a little ingenuity, your property is the perfect place to play all sorts of sports. Once your yard is the go-to place for parties, you can charge an entry fee to your friends!
Contact us if you need sod in Arizona. Need help? Talk to one of our sod specialists. Call: 602-626-9959